Hilsa fish (Ilish mach) curry is considered as a rich dish in Bangladesh. It’s also a desired food in West Bengal and all over the world where Bengalis live. Hilsa fish (Ilish mach) is incomparable to all other fishes found in Bengals because of its unique taste. Variety items of recipe of this fish are cooked all over the world by hilsa fish (Ilish mach) lovers. Like Doi Ilish, Hilsa Korma Coconut Milk is one of the richest recipes of Hilsa.
Hilsa fish (ilish mach) is enriched with vitamins and minerals. A combination with coconut milk (narkel dudh) also enhances its nutritious value.
Today we are presenting a tasty recipe of hilsa fish (ilish mach): Hilsa Korma Coconut Milk (Narkel Dudher Ilish Mach korma). Though this recipe is not cooked as a daily menu, it can be cooked in occasions and home party. So give it a try to bring difference in your daily menu. Below is the description of the recipe.
- Hilsa fish (Ilish mach): 6 slices
- Onion paste: 1/3 cup
- Ginger paste: 1 table spoon
- Garlic paste: 1 table spoon
- Green chili: 4-5 pieces
- Oil: ½ cup
- Lemon juice: 1 tea spoon
- Coconut milk: 3-4 cup
- Tasting salt: ¼ tea spoon
- Sour yogurt: ½ cup
- Cumin: ½ tea spoon
- Cinnamon & Cardamom: 3 pieces
- Kewra water: 1/4 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- At first cleanse hilsa fish slices.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry cardamom, cinnamon and onion paste for a while, then add ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder and salt. Fry it finely.
- Now add sour yogurt, green chili, tasting salt and sauté for a moment. Add hilsa slices and stir so that spices mixed with the slices.
- Add coconut milk and kewra water. Cover the pan with a lid. Now cook it straight 10 minutes in a low heat. After 10 ten minutes add lemon juice and turn off stove.
- Hilsa fish (ilish mach) korma with coconut milk is ready to serve!